All items are packed securely in our Multi-Pocket Hikers Backpack. Individual components are placed in waterproof bags and neatly organized in the backpack for easy access. Hand-assembled in the USA.
This kit contains the following:
Food and Water: The food and water in this kit have a 5-year shelf life, and are meant to provide nutrition for 2 people for 72 hours.
- 24 — 4 oz. Water Pouches
- 12 — 400-Calorie Food Bars (4800 Calories)
- 20 — Water Purification Tablets – each tablet purifies 1 liter of water
- 2 — 1-Liter Hydration Bags with Straw
*This kit provides 1 gallon of water per person per day for drinking and sanitation, as recommended by FEMA.
Light and Communications: These items can come in handy if you experience a home power outage, car trouble, or other emergency.
- AM/FM Radio (batteries included)
- Hand Rechargeable Flashlight (never needs batteries)
- Emergency Candle
- Emergency Bright Stick
- 5-in-1 Survival Whistle
- Box of Waterproof Matches
Shelter and Warmth: These supplies will protect you from wind, sun, rain, and other harsh conditions.
- 2 — Emergency Survival Sleeping Bags
- 2 — Body Warmers
- Emergency Tube Tent with Rope
- 2 — Emergency Ponchos with Hood
Tools: These items can be useful when you need help with navigation, transport, personal protection, or shelter.
- Multi-Function Pocket Knife
- Pair of Leather-Palm Work Gloves
- 2 — N95 Respirator Dust Masks (NIOSH-approved) *N95 MASKS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS KIT DURING THIS TIME*
- 50 Feet of Nylon Rope
- Safety Goggles
- Sewing Kit
Hygiene and Sanitation: When in a disaster situation it is useful to have access to hygiene products. Staying clean can protect against infection, disease, and depression.
- 2 — Deluxe Hygiene Kits
- Tooth Brush
- Tooth Paste
- Wet Wipes
- Disposable Razor
- Sanitary Napkins
- Shave Cream
- Deodorant Gel
- Hand/Body Lotion
- Pocket Tissues
First Aid: A first aid kit can be used to treat minor injuries and protect against more serious health threats in a disaster.
- Deluxe First Aid Kit – a combination of bandages/gauze, topical ointments, medicine, and other first aid items to assist with a variety of injuries
Other: These items are useful for relieving stress and supporting activity under challenging conditions.
- Golf Pencil
- Infectious-Waste Bag
- Survival Playing Cards – 52 cards illustrating valuable survival skills that will educate and entertain you in an emergency
Emergency Survival Kit Information:
This kit was designed using advice from experts in the field of emergency preparedness. It follows guidelines offered by government agencies and nonprofit preparedness organizations.