February is the month of love, but it is also American heart month. It is important to keep your heart healthy. Having knowledge about your heart will help you know what's good and bad for it. Here are a few important facts about the heart and how to keep it healthy.
Facts about the heart:
- our fist is the standard size of an adult human heart
- on average a person can produce around 2,000 gallons of blood every day from our heart pumping
- the human heart beats about 115,000 a day
- when the heart is detached from the body, it is still able to beat on its own
- completely obtain a smoking free lifestyle
- maintaining your stress levels
- be active, try taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- eat healthy foods - veggies, fruits, etc.
Every 37 seconds a person dies within the US from cardiovascular disease. As scary as that statistic is, around every 4 seconds an individual experiences a heart attack. It is essentially vital that we do what we can to take care of our hearts and prevent any acute and/or chronic episodes of heart disease.