North American Rescue® is proud to lead the way with new technology as we introduce the advanced BurnTec® first aid dressings to our customers. BurnTec® is FDA cleared and CE marked, and it is currently being utilized in European countries. This hydrogel dressing is different from other burn first aid dressings due to its stable-sheeting hydrogel structure. The dressing has been strengthened with a medical-quality non-woven fabric which makes it easy to handle. This stable structure eliminates the risk of spilling or damaging the cooling hydrogel. In other words, the hydrogel stays over the burn area and prevents the gel from spilling off body surface area.
The constitution of the BurnTec® dressing incorporates an
aqueous composition of natural and synthetic polymers such as
polyvinylpyrrolidone, polyethylene glycol and agar, cross-linked
by a beam of electrons.
The BurnTec® cools the injured area and ensures a soothing effect for up to 24 hours. The sterile non-stick dressing is absorbent, trapping wound secretion and bacteria within the gel. The dressing is permeable to water vapor and oxygen but impermeable to bacteria which helps protect the wound from external contamination while allowing it to breathe. The material is biocompatible and does not cause allergic reactions. BurnTec® is a modern hydrogel dressing used for a variety of skin injuries ranging from first, second, and third-degree burns (thermal, chemical, & electric). This dressing can also be utilized to provide relief from other skin injuries such as sunburns, abrasions, bruises, swelling, or insect bites. Immediate application of the dressing reduces the risk of hypertrophic scars. The non-stick properties allows for painless replacement of the dressing and it does not destroy granulation or new epithelium.
BurnTec® has received recognition for its breakthrough innovation at the “42nd World Exhibition of Inventions and Innovation Brussels Eureka”, “International Exhibition of Inventions” (IENA) in Nurnberg and the “International Exhibition Genius” in Budapest.
- Easy to handle without spilling or damaging the hydrogel
- Cool, soothing effect for up to 24 hours
- Impermeable to bacteria
- Biocompatible and hypoallergenic
- Reduces risk of hypertrophic scars
- Award winning new technology
- FDA cleared and CE marked
For use in the following situations:
- First, second and third-degree
burns (thermal, chemical, electric)
- Abrasions and skin irritations
- Bruises and swelling (insect bites)
- Other skin injuries
- 1x Burntec Carrying Case
- 1x 2 in. x 2 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 2.5 in. x 5 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 4 in. x 4 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 5 in. x 5 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 5 in. x 10 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 8 in. x 8 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 4 in. x 16 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 8.5 in. x 11 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 8 in. x 16 in. Burntec Burn Dressing
- 1x 10 in. x 10 in. Burntec Burn Facemask
- 1x 12 in. x 16 in. Burntec Burn Facemask
- Kit: L 12 in. x W 15.5 in. x D 3.5 in.
- Weight: 6 lb 4 oz
NSN #: 6510-01-630-9177