First aid kits are always essential to have for everyone in the household, including our furry friends. There may be a time in which an unfortunate event can occur, leaving your pet hurt and rendered, needing medical assistance as soon as possible. In these cases it is significantly crucial to have the proper first aid supplies and tools you need to help your fur baby en route to the vet.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: cleanses and disinfects the wound
- Compressed Gauze: stabilizes a fracture and/or wound wrapping
- Hemostatic Dressing: to stop severe bleeding and control hemorrhaging
- Scissors: for cutting gauze, or any hard to open supplies
- Blankets: to bring warmth and comfort your pet
- Food/treats: can ease the pet and provide nutrition if needed
- Flashlight: to make wounds visible in the nighttime