This item has been discontinued. Please take a look at the 2020 AHA PALS Provider Manual, or call us at 1-800-480-1277 to find a suitable replacement for your needs.
Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
Product replaces the #90-1052
The PALS Provider Manual is for use by a single student and provides information needed before, during, and after class. A code within the front cover of the manual provides students access to a website containing mandatory and supplemental information and reference materials, including the PALS Pre-course Self- Assessment (must pass with score of 70% or higher), to help them successfully complete the course. Also includes a PALS Pocket Reference Card (#15-1046), 1 sheet of tab labels, 1 pre-course preparation notification sticker and 1 pre-course preparation checklist.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management